This unit was previously coded as GE1N001-20 Communicating and discussing options with clients. Both unit codes are equivalent and will meet the requirements for the ANZIIF New Zealand Compliance for Advisers - General Insurance.
Communicating and discussing options with clients (New Zealand)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide advice on general insurance products.
It applies to individuals with excellent communication skills who are employed by, or acting on behalf of, Financial Markets Authority (FMA) registered New Zealand Qualifying Financial Entity (QFE) status holders to provide advice about products and services in New Zealand.
Note: This unit is only for students who are enrolled in the ANZIIF New Zealand Compliance for Advisers (General Insurance).
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- develop appropriate strategies and solutions
- present appropriate strategies and solutions to client
- negotiate financial plan, policy or transaction with client
- coordinate implementation of agreed plan, policy or transaction
- complete and maintain necessary documentation
- provide ongoing service where requested by client
- Classify your client and identify their needs
- Analyse information and develop an insurance plan
- Present an insurance plan and negotiate agreement with your client
- Finalise the agreed insurance plan and provide ongoing service