In this climate, attracting, retaining and upskilling employees has become increasingly challenging. Insurers are finding that traditional semester-style education is not providing their staff with the right skills, and the time commitment required does not meet with company objectives.
In partnership with the insurance industry, we've created time-efficient educational units that focus on skills that insurance professionals need to work at their best or get to the next level in their career.
ANZllF 's new model of education: Skills Units. Bite-sized, skills-based, interactive and with an emphasis on understanding what you learn.
Benefits of skills-based learning
Skills Units are the basic building blocks of our education. Units are fully online and built around active learning, building on the knowledge you already have using interactive simulations. Students can apply what they learn directly to their job and add the formal competency in each unit to their skill set. At the end of each unit, the learning is assessed through the application of knowledge to a real-world scenario that you are likely to face as an insurance professional.
- Digestible - Skills Units are shorter in duration than traditional study to allow for sharper focus and better engagement, ensuring you're never bored and always learning
- Flexible - Tailor a pathway that gets you where you want to be in your career, no matter what level you're starting at.
- Tailored - Skills units can be taken in any order you choose, or they can be chosen from suggested pathways based on job role, skill level or the outcome you want.
- Relevant - Units are developed by the industry and use real-world scenarios, ensuring that content is directly relevant to your work and you only learn what you need to.
- Knowledgeable - Maximise learning by studying relevant skills, not just passing a test.
Your L&D Partner
Our new education model allows for numerous outcomes and benefits dependent on your company’s needs. We've mapped out job roles by experience and matched them with skills units, doing the hard work for you.
Outlined below are different study options that show how you might structure your staff's education pathway, however the flexibility of skills units means how you tailor your staff's L&D is entirely up to you — if you need advice please contact our sales team.
Study for Compliance
Need Tier 1 or 2 training? Take our Tier 1 or Tier 2 RG146 compliance courses in the same format as our Skills Units.
- Compatible with ANZIIF membership levels and ANZIIF Certificate
- Become compliant quickly and effectively
The way Skills Units are designed means you can pick the units you want from the level of experience you're at, from the foundation level to executive. By studying a certain combination of units at a particular level you will attain a Certificate, demonstrating a professional standard of education to your employer.
- Study according to where you are professionally, ensuring learning is relevant and not overwhelming
- Get to the next level in your career
- ANZIIF Certificates are attainable at different levels of experience and skill, demonstrating your accomplishment to employers
Study by Qualification
ANZIIF Skills Units are mapped to the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF), meaning you can get a Certificate IV or Diploma via Skills Units. ANZIIF also offer ANZIIF Certificates: Insurance-based qualifications representing industry standards of excellence.
- ANZIIF Skills Units can be mapped to AQTF diplomas and certificates
- For insurance-specific qualifications, ANZIIF Certificates are available
- Study via a new way of learning, with a qualification or ANZIIF Certificate at the end
Study as Needed
The beauty of our new Skills Units is that you can take them individually, whenever and wherever you like. Just pick one and go for it.
- Mix and match PD events and Professional Development Content Activities
- Time and cost-effective
- Stay relevant with industry changes
- Study and improve your skills un areas of need and interest
- No need to take on longer study commitments
ANZIIF is dedicated to helping businesses, governments and non-profit organisations in the insurance and finance industry to fulfill their potential and that of their staff. To achieve this, ANZIIF’s Industry Engagement team works with corporate clients to tailor our programs and services to ensure that staff receive high quality education and training, maintain professional standards and enjoy fulfilling careers in insurance and finance.
For more information on how ANZIIF works with its corporate partners, please email the Industry Engagement Team or contact your Sales representative.
Meet the Industry Engagement Team
ANZIIF is dedicated to helping businesses, governments and non-profit organisations in the insurance and finance industry to fulfill their potential and that of their staff. Meet ANZIIF’s Industry Engagement team working with corporate clients to tailor our programs and services to ensure that staff receive high quality education and training, maintain professional standards and enjoy fulfilling careers in insurance and finance. For more information on how ANZIIF works with its corporate partners, please email the Industry Engagement Team or contact your Sales representative.
General Manager - Industry Engagement
Business Development Manager - Australia
Operations Manager - New Zealand
+64 22 6188 199
Operations Manager - Greater China
+86 21 61575189
Regional Director - South-East Asia