All new and continuing students will need a USI in order to obtain their Statement of Attainment, Academic Transcript or Certificate from ANZIIF.
History of the USI
The USI is an initiative of the Department of Industry and is underpinned by the:
- Student Identifiers Act 2014
- Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations (RTO) 2014
- Student Identifiers Regulation 2014
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is effectively a reference number made up of numbers and letters that gives students access to their USI account.
The USI will allow students to have easier and more reliable online access to their training record and training history. It will also enable students to produce a comprehensive transcript of their training, which can be used when applying for a job, seeking a credit transfer or demonstrating pre-requisites when undertaking further training.
To create your USI:
- Go to the USI website
- Click on ‘Create a USI’ and follow the directions
- Once created, log in to your USI account and give ANZIIF permission to view and update your details. Search for ANZIIF by our Organisation Code ‘3596’
- Notify ANZIIF of your USI. Log in to the ANZIIF Website and go to My Account - Update Profile and click on ‘Edit’ to enter your USI
- Store your USI number in a secure place
For queries relating to your USI, or if you have difficulties creating your USI, please contact the USI team.