Review a liability portfolio
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to review the operational performance of insurance portfolios, including analysing portfolio performance, identifying problems and determining remedial action.
Who should take the course
It applies to individuals working in job roles involving specialist knowledge and functions in a range of insurance sectors; these individuals may work within organisations of various sizes and across a range of client bases.
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- analyse performance data
- identify performance problems and remedial action
- document, determine and implement remedial action
- monitor effectiveness of remedial action.
FNSISV532 Review operational performance of insurance portfolios
- Concepts and challenges of portfolio management
- Who is responsible for portfolio management?
- Liability, legislation and codes of practice
- Portfolio management cycle
- Porfolio review process
- Key performance indicators
- Collating and reviewing performance data
- Reviewing data against planned outcomes and prior record
- Conduct analysis to establish whether planned outcomes have been achieved
- Identify performance problems
- Undertake further analysis to identify improvement measures
- Decide on and implement remedial action
- Monitor remedial action
- Aanalyse results on an ongoing basis
- Examine a case study of a scheme portfolio review for the waste and recycling industry
1 Exam and 1 Simulation