Introduction to Underwriting
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to evaluate risk for new business or renewing business, including gathering the risk information, and reviewing and assessing it against appropriate risk criteria. It applies to individuals performing underwriting roles in a range of insurance sectors in organisations of various sizes and across a range of client bases.
What you'll learn
- Identify and obtain risk information
- Assess information against underwriting guidelines
- Issue a quotation.
FNSISV411 Evaluate insurance risk for business
- Week 1: Risk and insurance
- Week 2: Underwriting guidelines and the submission
- Week 3: Accepting a risk, surveys, and terms and conditions
- Week 4: Premiums, the proposal form and issuing a quotation
1 Exam and 1 Simulation