Manage information for life insurance claims
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to collect, collate and manage information to verify, investigate and assess life insurance claims.
It applies to individuals who use specialised knowledge and organisational skills to effectively manage information.
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- determine information needs
- plan information collection
- collect and store information.
FNSILF416 Collect and Manage information for claims assessments
Week 1: Life insurance
- life insurance and life insurance risk products
- policy administration and ownership
- insurance cover
- organisational processes and procedures.
Week 2: Claims and payment criteria
- law and regulation in life insurance
- claims and claims management
- receiving a claim
- policy details
- payment criteria for mortality and morbidity claims.
Week 3: Planning information collection
- income protection policy details
- assessing a claim and claim file review
- identifying additional information needed as evidence for claims assessment
- planning information collection.
Week 4: Collecting and managing information
- collecting the required information for death, terminal illness, TPD, trauma and IP claims
- collecting additional material
- managing investigations
- organisation of the claim material gathered.
Assessment1 Exam and 1 Simulation
See the Assessment and Academic Calendar pages for more information.