Understand and apply insurance terminology - Life insurance
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to understand, use and respond to information involving specialist terminology, such as medical or legal terminology (and processes), in life insurance claims.
Who should take the course
It applies to individuals employed in job roles involving use of specialist medical and legal terminology in the life insurance sector, in organisations of various sizes and across a range of customer bases.
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, students should be able to:
- interpret claims documentation and instructions containing specialist terminology
- use specialist terminology in the appropriate context
- apply specialist terminology to the completion of insurance claims
- build skills using specialist terminology.
FNSISV416 Use specialist terminology in insurance claims
- Week 1: Life insurance products, legal obligations and industry regulations
- Week 2: Terms used in underwriting and death claims; and understanding medical terminology
- Week 3: Exploring terminology for trauma and TPD claims
- Week 4: Understanding IP terminology; and using appropriate terminology for the situation
1 Exam and 1 Simulation