Construction loss adjustment
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to select techniques and provide appropriate advice and services when loss adjusting construction claims. It includes determining liability and extent of loss, and loss mitigation and recovery options for construction types of insurance loss or damage.
The unit applies to individuals working in the loss adjusting sector who use specialised knowledge, analytical skills and techniques to complete their work within organisations of various sizes and across a range of customer bases.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Users are advised to check with the relevant state and territory regulatory authorities to confirm those requirements.
What you'll learn
- Explain the policy cover, extensions, exclusions and conditions, and their effect on a construction loss
- Describe the various types of contracts that can be encountered on a construction site and explain their implications to a construction loss
- Determine extent of loss, damage or injury and establish options for recovery
- Describe the interrelationships of the various parties that are required for the successful completion of a construction loss adjustment.
FNSILA510 Provide specialist construction loss adjusting advice and services
- Week 1: Construction policy coverage
- Week 2: Construction contracts and relationships
- Week 3: Identifying stakeholders, reviewing policies and arranging site visits
- Week 4: Stakeholder and contractual relationships of a loss
1 Exam and 1 Simulation