Business interruption loss adjustment
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to select techniques and provide appropriate advice and services when adjusting business interruption claims. It includes determining liability and extent of loss, and loss mitigation and recovery options for business interruption types of insurance loss or damage.
It applies to individuals working in the loss adjusting sector who use specialised knowledge, analytical skills and techniques to complete their work within organisations of various sizes and across a range of customer bases.
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, students should be able to:
- provide specialist business interruption loss adjustment advice and services including:
- establish facts and options for loss mitigation
- analyse facts and determine liability and extent of loss
- determine options for recovery
- communicate with required parties.
FNSILA507 Provide specialist business interruption loss adjusting advice and services
- Week 1: Loss adjusting fundamentals
- Week 2: Understanding
- Week 3: Analysis
- Week 4: Action
1 Exam and 1 Simulation