Plan and implement loss investigation
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform activities, including interacting with clients, authorities and specialists, to plan and implement loss investigations.
Who should take the course
The unit applies to individuals who, within their level of responsibility, use specialised knowledge and organisational skills to coordinate a range of activities required to conduct loss investigations and to ensure thorough and accurate completion of these activities. These individuals use high level analytical, liaison and planning skills to interact with others. Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Users are advised to check with the relevant state and territory regulatory authorities to confirm those requirements.
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, students should be able to:
- Analyse, negotiate and confirm assignments
- Plan loss investigations
- Implement loss investigations
- Provide interim guidance to involved parties
- Verify and clarify information
- Organise and preserve evidence
- Communicate with authorities
- Appoint specialists
FNSILA511 Plan and implement loss investigations
- Week 1: The loss adjusting assignment
- Week 2: Planning the assignment
- Week 3: Implementing the investigation
- Week 4: Verifying the information
1 Exam and 1 Simulation
See the Assessment and Academic Calendars pages for more information.