Analyse insurance claims
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to analyse insurance claims. You will learn how to research and validate claim information, how to create and maintain claims files, and how to work with service providers. It applies to individuals whose roles may involve client service, data processing or underwriting in a range of insurance sectors.
What you'll learn
- Obtain and organise information relating to a claim
- Determine the legitimacy of a claim and the eligibility of the insured to make a claim
- Identify the need for investigation to validate claims information
- Conduct and monitor an investigation
- Communicate with relevant parties to ensure their active participation in the claims process
- Maintain a regular and accurate diary system, and adhere to timeframes.
FNSISV405 Analyse insurance claims
- Week 1: Collect and organise claims information
- Week 2: Research and validate claim information
- Week 3: Investigating the claim
- Week 4: Maintaining records and communication
1 Exams and 1 Simulation