Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
This unit is based on the 2014 version of the Insurance Brokers Code of Practice written by the National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA). It's aimed at insurance professionals who work in small or large broking businesses dealing with retail and/or commercial clients.
The unit provides a detailed overview of the Code and how the service standards apply in relation to brokers' dealings with their clients, including client claims, complaints and disputes.
This unit has been written in association with the Insurance Brokers Code Compliance Committee.
What you'll learn
On completion of this unit, students will have detailed knowledge of:
- the Code’s objectives and coverage
- how the Code relates to dealings with clients
- how the Code relates to managing clients’ claims
- how the Code relates to complaints handling and dispute resolution
- Code monitoring and enforcement.
This unit is complimentary for ANZIIF members. Access the course here with your log in details.
- Code service standards
- the Code's objectives and coverage
- complaints handling and dispute resolution
- Code breaches and consequences
- monitoring and enforcing the Code.