Understand and Apply Insurance Terminology
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to understand, use and respond to information involving specialist terminology in insurance claims. This will help individuals to interpret these terms within a claims context and explain these to customers and other stakeholders clearly, understandably and in plain English.
This unit applies to individuals employed in job roles involving use of specialist medical and legal terminology in a range of insurance sectors and may be applied within organisations of various sizes and across a range of client bases.
What you'll learn
- Interpret instructions and claims documentation
- Apply appropriate specialist terminology during insurance claims process
- Build own skills in using specialist terminology.
FNSISV416 Use specialist terminology in insurance claims
- Week 1: Interpret documents and claims documentation
- Week 2: Use appropriate specialist terminology during insurance claims process
- Week 3: Apply specialist terminology during insurance claims process
- Week 4: Extend understanding of specialist terminology
2 Exams and 1 Interactive Simulation