Analyse Insurance Claims (New Zealand)
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to receive, investigate, analyse, document and determine the validity of a client’s insurance claim. It is aimed at insurance claims professionals who work in small or large insurance businesses dealing with retail and / or commercial clients.
Developing their research, critical thinking and communication skills, students will learn how to efficiently collect and collate all applicable information relating to a client’s claim. During this process, they will identify and obtain any new information required while maintaining strict confidentiality.
The unit will also cover the importance of investigating a client’s claim to determine its validity and eligibility in relation to the client’s insurance policy. Students will be taught how to effectively create and maintain documentation as well as how to communicate with the client and all other internal and external stakeholders throughout the claims process.
What you'll learn
- Obtain and organise information relating to a claim
- Analyse and determine the validity of a client’s insurance claim
- Develop and maintain applicable business reports and records
- Communicate the status of the claim and other applicable information to all relevant stakeholders.
FNSISV405 Analyse insurance claims
- Week 1: Collect and organise claims information
- Week 2: Validating the claim
- Week 3: Investigating the claim
- Week 4: Maintaining records and communication
1 Exam and 1 Simulation