Service Suppliers: General Insurance Code of Practice obligations 2021
This learning solution outlines the key obligations that Service Suppliers have under the General Insurance Code of Practice released by the Insurance Council of Australia in 2020. It also provides the knowledge and skills needed to assist customers who are vulnerable, which is a key focus of the Code.
It is suitable for people who are not Employees of Code subscribers but who are contracted by them to manage claims on their behalf, including Loss Adjusters, subcontractors such as smash repairers, Collection Agents and any brokers who manage claims.
What you'll learn
- Understand a Service Supplier’s obligations during a claim
- Detail the standards of service required of Service Suppliers
- Recognise the triggers to hardship
- Identify those in our community who may be more vulnerable
- Refer customers experiencing vulnerability to appropriate specialist support services
- Use a conversation flow structure and the principles of respectful communication to manage your conversations with empathy and confidence.
An optional module for team leaders helps them support staff who have been impacted by difficult situations and/or confronting customer interactions.
- Service Suppliers
- Understanding Vulnerability and Financial Hardship
- Respectful communication
- (Optional) Leader guide for supporting conversations with staff