“You’ve got to put yourself forward to take opportunities. You can’t sit back and wait for people to ask!”
Shaun discusses the Authorised Representative landscape and what it took for him to transition from a global role with QBE to leading one of the most successful Authorised Representative groups in Australia.
About Shaun Standfield
A Senior Insurance Executive with expertise and experiences gained from working for large Insurance Companies in Australia and across Asia. Currently leads a large Broker with operations in over 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
He holds an MBA, Bach. of Business, Adv. Diploma Financial Services (Broking), Graduate Diploma in Management and Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
Shaun has an active interest in the not-for-profit sector, having chaired the QBE Foundation in Australia & Asia, a long association with KidsXpress and in recent years with the Insurance Advisernet Foundation.
Shaun takes immense pleasure from assisting individuals to grow their own business, having clients that become their friends and from Advisers building an asset for themselves and their families.
Meet the host:
B.Bus (Ins), Cert Mgt
Mark Silveira is an experienced Presenter, Master of Ceremonies and an insurance professional with over 40 years in the business. His understanding of the insurance landscape enables him to ask the pertinent questions of podcast guests to assist those listening to learn from and advance their own careers.
- Managing Director of The Lionheart Group – consulting service to the financial services sector
- Head of Sales – TravelCard real-time travel insurance
- General Manager – Coveright Insurance Brokers
- National Marketing Director – Steamatic disaster restoration and recovery
- Chief Executive Officer – AFMA IAAA insurance authorised representative group
- General Manager – Steadfast insurance broking group