“I’m convinced in 5 to 10 years time, Blockchain (technology) is going to be very much a part of normal (insurance) transaction processes”
About Dallas Booth:
Dallas Booth is the former Chief Executive Officer of the National Insurance Brokers Association of Australia (NIBA). Dallas led NIBA’s industry representation efforts and promoted the role and professionalism of brokers to governments, regulators, businesses and the broader community. NIBA provides a wide range of opportunities for brokers, insurers and other stakeholders to meet, network and learn. Dallas retired from the role on 31 October 2021. Dallas is a lawyer by training, and has worked in and around insurance for many years. He held senior positions at the Insurance Council of Australia for 8 years, and also managed asbestos compensation for the James Hardie companies for 4 ½ years. Dallas is admitted as a Barrister at Law in New South Wales, and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Meet the host:
B.Bus (Ins), Cert Mgt
Mark Silveira is an experienced Presenter, Master of Ceremonies and an insurance professional with over 40 years in the business. His understanding of the insurance landscape enables him to ask the pertinent questions of podcast guests to assist those listening to learn from and advance their own careers.
- Managing Director of The Lionheart Group – consulting service to the financial services sector
- Head of Sales – TravelCard real-time travel insurance
- General Manager – Coveright Insurance Brokers
- National Marketing Director – Steamatic disaster restoration and recovery
- Chief Executive Officer – AFMA IAAA insurance authorised representative group
- General Manager – Steadfast insurance broking group