Issues of renewal business
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to underwrite renewal business, including determining terms and conditions of risk acceptability, communicating results of risk assessments and negotiating agreement.
Who should take the course
It applies to individuals working in job roles involving specialist knowledge and functions in a range of insurance sectors, and may be applied within organisations of various sizes and across a range of client bases.
What you'll learn
By the end of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- determine terms and conditions of risk acceptability
- communicate result of risk assessment
- evaluate client response
- negotiate agreement
- cancel, lapse or renew cover.
FNSISV412 Underwrite insurance business
- Week 1: Overview of the renewal process
- Week 2: Risk acceptability criteria and authority guidelines
- Week 3: Assessing the client’s response and negotiating changes
- Week 4: Modifying offers, issuing documentation and keeping records
1 Exam and 1 Simulation