NZ Code of Conduct Bridging Unit for General Insurance
This short course is for those who wish to meet Standard 5 of the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Services, which sets out the general competence, knowledge and skill required in order to provide financial advice and financial advice services.
It is designed to bridge the gap for learners who have completed ANZIIF Skills Units GE2N022, GE3N024, GE1N021 and UW2N022 (or their equivalents) and who now wish to complete the remaining requirements needed to achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services, Level 5, Version 2 with General Insurance strand (by equivalency).
What you'll learn
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of the Six-Step Process
- interpret when the Financial Services Legislation Amendment Act 2019 (FSLAA) applies when providing financial advice and financial advice services
- provide a range of financial advice solutions using knowledge of key factors in the economic environment that impact participants in the financial services sector
- analyse government support agency benefits and potential non-insurance options when developing solutions to a range of general insurance needs
- provide general insurance services using knowledge of the processes of the general insurance life cycle.
- Module 1: The Six-Step Process
- Module 2: The new regulatory framework for financial advice services
- Module 3: The economic environment
- Module 4: Financial markets, products and services
- Module 5: Identifying options
- Module 6: Developing solutions
- Module 7: General insurance services