Life Insurance Underwriting
Details the principles and practices of life insurance underwriting. Beginning with the basics of life risk and life insurance proposals, the module proceeds to cover approaches to risk acceptance, risk rating systems, financial and medical underwriting, and the role of reinsurance.
What you'll learn
- identify medical and non-medical risks
- identify the underwriting significance
- determine risk acceptance criteria
- prepare life insurance policy
- interpret insurance-based information containing medical terminology
- communicate using medical terminology.
- FNSILF502 Underwrite complex medical risks
- FNSILF503 Underwrite complex non-medical risks
- FNSISV407 Use medical terminology in an insurance context
- Pass Grade: students must be assessed as competent in all assignment questions
- Pass Grade: 50%
- Duration: 120min