ANZIIF's online Privacy short course is designed to provide learners with a comprehensive overview of the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 and the privacy function of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Who should take the course
This course applies to insurance professionals working in organisations that handle personal information.
What you'll learn
By the end of this short course, you should be able to:
- Understand how to apply the principles to a customer’s personal information
- Comply with the main elements of the 13 privacy principles
- Maintain the privacy of the customer’s information
- Describe the five stages of the information-processing life cycle.
This short course covers the following key areas:
- how customer information is collected, what information is allowed to be collected and how to ensure data is collected legally
- what information should be provided to customers, the need for consent for secondary purposes
- what information can be shared, when it can be shared and how to ensure it is shared legally
- data security and data security and their legal implications
- who is responsible for enforcing Privacy Principles
- complaints handling processes.