Tier 2 General Insurance Compliance - General and Personal Advice
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assess clients’ insurance needs and accurately advise them about retail general insurance products and services excluding personal accident and illness at the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) Tier 2 level.
Who should take the course
The unit applies to insurance advisers with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, who apply substantial general insurance product knowledge when providing personal advice on standard retail general insurance products to clients.
What you'll learn
- General advice:
- Deal with initial client enquiry for general insurance
- Prepare and provide general advice to client.
- Personal advice:
- Prepare to provide personal advice in general insurance
- Develop and present appropriate risk solution
- Confirm chosen insurance product and complete necessary documentation
- Agree to arrangements for providing ongoing service where requested by client.
- FNSASIC315 Provide Tier 2 personal advice in general insurance
Membership Outcome: eligible to elect for Affiliate CIP Member Level.
- Background knowledge
- Legal and regulatory environment
- Providing advice
- Advice case studies
1 Exam and 2 Simulations