Introduction to Loss Adjusting (New Zealand)
Covers how the loss adjusting industry has evolved and the roles, responsibilities and the key skills required of a loss adjuster, including the parties they may deal with. This module will also cover general insurance and the legal knowledge a loss adjuster needs to possess, the key elements of a loss adjuster’s terms of engagement and the steps involved in the loss adjusting process.
What you'll learn
- Explain how the loss adjusting industry has evolved
- Describe the current trends in the loss adjusting industry in Australia and New Zealand
- Identify and explain the typical role and responsibilities of a loss adjuster
- Describe the key skills required by a loss adjuster
- Identify and describe the key parties a loss adjuster may deal with
- Describe the general insurance and legal knowledge a loss adjuster needs to possess
- List the key elements of a loss adjuster’s terms of engagement
- Identify and explain the steps in the loss adjusting process.
NSCUS505 Determine client requirements and expectations
- Pass Grade: students must be assessed as competent in all assignment questions
- Pass Grade: 50%
- Duration: 90min