We are no longer taking enrolments for the FNS15 Diploma, delivered via traditional modules. Please refer to our updated offering at FNS20 Diploma of Loss Adjusting.
Inspect Damage and Develop Scope of Work (New Zealand)
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to inspect and assess a vehicle or property for claimable damage and provide a recommendation for the scope of work required. It is aimed at professionals who work in small or large insurance, or loss adjusting businesses dealing with retail and/or commercial clients.
Students will be taken through a number of real-life scenarios where they will have the opportunity to inspect and identify the vehicle or property damage, conduct a site inspection and risk assessment, consult and obtain third party expert opinions, collate all information, and develop a damage report and scope of work required for the insurer.
What you'll learn
- Inspect and assess a vehicle or property for damage
- Consult with and obtain third party expert opinions
- Determine the extent of the damage and document it in a damage report
- Develop and submit to the insurer the recommended scope of work.
FNSIGN404 Inspect damage and develop scope of work
- Week 1: The site
- Week 2: GICOP and Insurance Contracts Act
- Week 3: Repair and restoration
- Week 4: Scope of work
1 Exam and 1 Simulation