Life Insurance Code of Practice
This course provides a detailed overview of the Life Insurance Code of Practice 2.0 and how it applies to insurers’ relationships with customers, including when customers are buying insurance, making claims or complaints, and requesting information. It is expected to take one hour to complete.
Please note that we are in the process of updating this course to match the most recent version published by the Council of Australian Life Insurers.
This course applies to individuals who typically work in small or large life insurance businesses dealing with retail and/or commercial clients and are required to know the Code standards so they can apply them when dealing with customers.
This course was developed with the assistance of an FSC consultant.
What you'll learn
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- apply Code standards during customer interactions and recognise the importance of doing so
- describe and adhere to best practices for interacting with customers experiencing vulnerability, financial hardship or a mental health condition
- recognise Code standards in internal processes and procedures documentation.
- AUD $95 +GST
- Why, How, Who
- Before the customer buys a policy
- When the customer buys a policy
- When the customer claims on a policy
- When communicating with customers
- When the customer makes a complaint