This intensive learning program is led by some of the industry's senior experts and combines hands-on syndicate group work, expert presentations, knowledge sharing and team building activities. Participants can immediately apply their learning to real-life scenarios including designing and testing the optimal reinsurance program.
What Makes RISC Unique?
- Exclusive learning opportunity: Participants will get access to, and guidance from, senior practitioners who are among the industry’s top reinsurance experts. All have deep technical expertise honed from decades of international and regional industry experience.
- Uniquely structured: Four days of intensive experiential learning that combines hands-on syndicate group work, expert presentations and knowledge sharing.
- Active learning: Participants are grouped into syndicates and immersed in a real-life case study to design and test the optimal reinsurance program. Using physical tools , they will be mentored by a syndicate adviser in a small group to collaborate on the creation of the reinsurance program.
- Assessment benefits: Participants that complete all the assessments can gain credit towards their ANZIIF membership. They also are eligible to claim a digital badge, which can be shared via LinkedIn, email or a variety of other online formats.
- Course inclusions: Accommodation, meals and activities are provided throughout the four days, as well as complimentary return transport from Sydney CBD.
For further information please contact the ANZIIF Events team.
At the conclusion of RISC, participants should be able to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas.
- Articulate the importance of reinsurance in relation to a company’s strategy, growth and underwriting philosophy.
- Demonstrate how a company’s reinsurance program interacts with its risk appetite.
- Analyse how reinsurance programs interact with portfolio management and underwriting practices.
- Distinguish between the various types of reinsurance.
- Choose the types of reinsurance applicable to specific portfolios and classes of business.
- Describe how various reinsurance programs interact.
- Explain how to read reinsurance contract wording.
- Demonstrate an understanding of catastrophe modelling.
- Apply the following tools to monitor underwriting performance at portfolio level:
- Risk profiles
- Large loss reports
- Underwriting results
- Analyse and interpret the impact of reinsurance on a company’s financial position.
4. Legal and regulatory
- Explain the regulatory minimum standard requirements for reinsurance.
- Describe the purpose and calculation of the Natural Perils Vertical.
- Requirement (NPVR) and Natural Perils Horizontal Requirement (NPHR).
- Illustrate the relationship between reinsurance programs and regulatory capital requirements.
Read last year's program
Award Categories & Criteria
Are you interested in sponsorship opportunities for this event? For more information on how your organisation can benefit as a sponsor of this leading professional development program, please contact Barbara Maruno, Partnerships Manager.