This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assess the exposure to identified risks in the organisation by evaluating the likelihood of risks occurring and their consequences. It applies to individuals who use specialised knowledge to develop systematic approaches to problem solve and make recommendations within the organisation.
What you'll learn
- Describe the risk management process in terms of the ISO 31000:2018 risk management standard
- Develop risk criteria for a risk assessment
- Identify risks and their controls
- Analyse risks
- Evaluate risks and controls against risk criteria, and the risk appetite and tolerance of the client or organisation
- Present a risk assessment to a client or organisation using heat maps and other tools
- Identify and action breached issues and incidents during the risk assessment process
FNSRSK512 Assess risk
- What is risk?
- About risk management
- Understanding the context and scope
- Understanding the stakeholders
- Current stage of the risk assessment
- Identifying the risk criteria
- Identifying the risks
- Analysing the identified risks
- Identifying and assessing the controls
- Evaluating the identified risks
- Presenting the risk assessment
- Breached issues and incidents
1 Exam and 1 Simulation
See the Assessment and Academic Calendars pages for more information.