Apply codes of ethical practice
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to apply current and relevant codes and standards of ethical practice. The unit addresses codes of ethics and conduct, and their application to practice in the Life Insurance industry. It covers the skills and knowledge required to consider a range of ethical issues and to reflect on and continuously develop ethical practice in the learner’s own role. It applies to individuals who work in a diverse range of Life Insurance roles.
This unit is mandatory for claims and underwriting professionals in the Life Insurance sector, to meet the Foundation Requirement of the Life Insurance Professional Standards Framework.
What you'll learn
- Develop knowledge of ethical practices
- Implement codes and standards in own role
- Evaluate own ethical practices and knowledge related to own ethical practice
FNSINC413X Apply codes and standards of ethical practice to own role
- Week 1: Ethics - me and my personal values
- Week 2: Customer values
- Week 3: Unethical vs ethical
- Week 4: Putting ethics into practice
1 Exam and 1 Simulation
See the Assessment and Academic Calendar pages for more information.