What is Travel Insurance?
There is nothing worse than when things go wrong on a holiday. Unfortunately, some of our holidays are affected by events that are out of our control. Travel Insurance covers you for financial losses which can be caused by a number of unforeseen circumstances.
What can I be covered for?
- Medical expenses from injury or illness (includes transportation)
- Cancelled flights caused by weather or airline
- Terrorist attack in destination city
- Theft of personal items
- Loss of luggage
How does a travel insurance broker assist customers?
- Assists with finding suitable travel insurance policy
- Manages policy for customer during travel
- Direct contact with insurer
- Breaks down policy for customer - service
- Specialist in specific cover types
What makes a good broker?
Clarity: Make sure you're clearly communicating full details of policy and payment. It's important that the customer knows exactly what their policy covers, and the costs!
Professionalism: A good Travel Insurance Broker should be able to help the customer with all queries about the policy
Accredited: Every registered broker is required to have an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFS). Having a Diploma of Insurance will validate your experience and credibility to the customer