Supporting vulnerable customers
This learning solution provides you with the knowledge and skills to assist insurance customers experiencing vulnerability, which is a key focus of the General Insurance Code of Practice released by the Insurance Council of Australia in 2020.
It is suitable for Employees of Code subscribers, as well as their Distributors and Service Suppliers, including underwriting agencies and brokers with delegated authority.
What you'll learn
When you have finished this learning solution, you will be able to:
- explain how the Code defines vulnerability
- identify customers experiencing vulnerability
- understand your obligations under the Code when customers are experiencing financial hardship and other types of vulnerability.
An optional module for team leaders helps them support staff who have been impacted by difficult situations and/or confronting customer interactions.
- Understanding Vulnerability and Financial Hardship
- Respectful communication
- (Optional) Leader guide for supporting conversations with staff