Broking Professional of the Year
This award is open to any experienced individual broker who has consistently demonstrated outstanding achievement as an insurance broker throughout their career in New Zealand, adding value for customers, colleagues and their employer. They must have been employed in the New Zealand insurance industry during the period 1 April 2015 – 31 March 2016. This category can be
entered into through direct submission or nomination by a third party.
The candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience in the industry and spent the majority of their broking career in New Zealand. Previous entrants are eligible to apply up to three times in total.
Submissions should include:
- A brief career synopsis. 10%
- An overview of any formal study or qualifications and describe your overall approach to your own ongoing professional development. 10%
- An overview of your portfolio including size and breadth and/ or other general responsibilities in your current role. 10%
- Describe your approach to business development, ongoing client servicing and highlight how you add value to your clients. Provide data and evidence to support customer satisfaction. 30%
- Provide examples of where you have displayed industry leadership. This may include, but is not limited to, participation in industry bodies, contribution to publications and speaking at conferences, within your business and/or across the wider community. 15%
- Overview what you consider to be your most significant contribution in your broking job role to date and explain why. 15%
- Testimonials from at least two senior insurance leaders. 10%
The submission must be 1,500 words or less. If you are nominating someone else, please describe your relationship to that individual.