General Insurance Essentials
General Insurance Essentials is designed to provide a holistic introduction to the insurance industry. It is aimed for professionals performing key roles in claims, sales and service, broking and underwriting within general insurance.
The course is an ideal complement to an induction program for employers and is also beneficial for individuals who intend to establish a sound understanding in General Insurance. Some of the features of this interactive learning solution are:
- Bite-sized content that's easy to digest
- Interactive scenarios from a customer, insurer and broker perspective
- Thought-provoking questions
- Various customer personas
- Downloadable key takeaway document
- Fast Track option (available via in-built assessment)
"The GI Essentials Course allows you to achieve a basic understanding of other areas of the business. Ultimately, this will allow you to add more value in your current and future roles." says Karl Hamann, the Subject Matter Expert of the course. Read the full article - GI Essentials course to address the war for talent.This course is now available in English and Burmese.
Who should take the course
Entry-level insurance professionals who are:
- working in general insurance
- working in supporting roles within claims, sales and service, broking and underwriting
- with 0 – 1 years experience
Individuals who intend to familiarise themselves with insurance or to enter the insurance industry.
What you'll learn
By the end of this short course, you will have gained:
- knowledge and skills to identify, model and meet expected industry professional approaches to procedure, guidelines, policies, standards and ethical requirements
- a good understanding of general insurance products, principles and relevant legislation
- a solid foundation for future professional development.
- About insurance: key terms definitions, products, roles and policy lifecycle
- Understanding best practice: reggulations and legislations
- The customer and you: elements of good customer service, and vulnerabilty considerations
- Set up for success: all about the contract
- Delivering on the promise: all about the claims
Click to see the course flyer for more details.
1 Exam (84 multiple-choice questions)
For the English version, enrol online with your ANZIIF account details; for Burmese, contact [email protected] to enrol.